Wednesday, May 23, 2007

O8 Juice

There were a couple of big hands last night that permitted to check out with a tidy little stack. The first was all about luck.... I had the A, 2, 2, 3 and the board flopped 1 to the low. Elvie leads out (sitting immediately to my left) with a $200 bet and everyone calls. The turn brings a 2nd low card Elvie makes a about a $400 bet all-in and there are 3-4 callers. The river brings in in my nut low and Elvie and chop about a $3600 pot. He flopped bottom set and it actually held up!


The next big hand for me was involved with John M and Rick.... I've got the Ac, 2c, 5s, 6h and there is the usual straddle pre-flop of around $30 or so. The flop brings the As, 3h, 5h and sacre' bleu'... it checked all around. The turn brought the 5c and I really like my little boat. There was no re-raise pre-flop which most this table would have done had they been the proud owner of pocket Aces so I really believe that my boat works for high. I lead out with a $75 bet and John M calls.... it seems as if the Juice made his normal.... "I'm not going to give Charles any of my chips" and folded. LOL. Rick smooth calls. The river brought the 7h and the Juice was talking about the straight flush out there, but I really wasn't worried about that since I had the 6h in my hand. The only hand that I'm a little concerned about may be pocket 7's, but not even I could be that unlucky... I bet $150, John M calls and Rick raises $325. I call and John folds showing a 3's fulls of 5's boat. Rick had the nut low and we chopped.


One of the last hands that I played was with John M. I was in middle position and he raised the $20 straddle to $255. I'm pretty certain that it folded around to me. I think that Rick really wanted to play but he was in no man's land just a couple of seats away from John's $255 raise. When it gets to me, I find Ad, Ah, 2h, 7d.... I like it! So I decide to push really just wanting to take it down right there, but realizing that it would be more likely for us to show up and find that J-Rod had cleaned the poker felt.... wait... that happened. Well, it was still unlikely. I raise all-in and I've got about $1900 or so in front of me. John has another $500-$600 and it folds to him and he cannot wait to call. He turns over Q, Q, 4, 5 double suited. The flop was sweet.... As, 4d, 5h! Sweet! The top set, a live deuce and John almost drawing dead. The turn was a beautiful 3d. The river, a harmless 6. The table talk indicated that I had a let everyone else play, I would have been quartered on the low and someone would have made a higher straight.

My Hand:


The Board:


There were two different hands last night that Rick flopped absolute MONSTERS! I hope that he'll blog them.... in one, he had A, A, 3, 4 and flopped A, 2, 5! Come on, replay it for us!

Back to the "CLEAN" felt! Thanks ... J-Rod!

No comments: