Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween!

Well, Halloween finally arrived - one of my favorite nights of the year! I look forward to it months in advance, and spend countless hours attempting to come up with the perfect get-up. After much thought, this year I decided to go trick-or-treating as a poker player! One nice thing about it is that I didn’t have to shell out big bucks for a costume. With the ever-growing popularity of poker, I just knew that people would “get it.”

With much anticipation, I started out on my quest to gather all things sweet. When people answered the door, I just gazed into their eyes with a blank, expressionless stare. Surprisingly, house after house, it didn't go over too well. I didn't get any candy, and I had the police called on me several times. I swear, some people just have no sense of humor.

Not to worry, I’ve got the perfect idea for next year - a bank robber. I'll wear gloves and a ski mask, and when people answer the door, I'll pull out a gun and say "Put all your money in the bag, Asshole!" Man, I can’t wait...

See ya at the tables (um, not tonight though, my bail hearing isn't until tomorrow)...
Rick

No comments: