Thursday, November 23, 2006

Royally flushed.....

Today was a heck of a roller coaster ride for me tonight at Eddie's $1/$2 NL game. I I started up fell way down, got back ahead, fell down a little, and forged ahead again. Much of this was caused by a bad run while holding AA and KK (Held either of those hands 7 times tonight while only winning with them once.)
The most notable of these hands involved me making my standard raise of $8 from early position with KK, ( a raise I rarely wavefred from tonight) I got 5 callers. The flop comes out Kh Qh 8d. I led $15 (another standard bet for me tonight) and Eddie immediately to my left went all-in for $120 more). Of course naturally I call and a stunned Eddie turns over Jh Th.
As luck would have it that roller coaster reached a peak at that point, and the ace of hearts that appeared on the turn sent me tumbling down to the first natural (I think this is what it's called when the player holds two of the cards in the hole.) royal flush I've ever seen in a live game. (Fortunately I had some goodwill in the bank, and was able to recover to have a decent night.)
One other note was one player whose name escapes me hittings natural quads nines twice in 30 minutes.

No comments: