Saturday, February 03, 2007

Friday PKR Omaha Hi or Hi-Lo

What a night! I was a little late arriving and Mike D cashed out so that I could sit down at the full table. I sort of wish that he wouldn't as I had completely busted out to TWO COOLERS within 45 minutes. I had to go to the ATM to reload! LOL. But I'm really glad that I did.... not that it was a really big night for me in terms of winning, but it was a fun night and I did win. We had a great table and good times and happy faces were all around. Except for, you know, those significant instances where crap happens!

Probably the most significant thing about last nights Omaha event was the number of people. Shortly after midnight, we had a full table with people waiting! I finally called Mike D and asked him to come back and open up the other table and until about 4 in the morning, we had two full tables of Omaha 8 2/5 Pot Limit going! Awesome!

My first big hand of the night was really just poor judgement and bad luck on my part. I typically WON'T chase a low only board when someone is betting big, but in this particular instance, it was Rick, and you know how much I like to piss him off. LOL. I don't even remember the specifics of the board but there were 2 cards on board to the low and he was betting the pot. Probably a big set with a nice flush draw and maybe even a draw to the low. I don't recall, but I do remember putting most of my chips in since there were so many callers and I was last to act only to miss everything. Then just a couple of hands later, I flop the middle set, tens; with a nut low re-draw and a flush re-draw and Scooper Dave's top set held up.

So I went to the ATM and came back determined to get me some. I did run into a couple of monsters (held by others) a couple of times. In one hand, I flopped a boat, 3's full of 2's with an A, 5 - only to have the A and the 5 get counterfeited. Unfortunately for me, Ed was holding pocket 2's! He did let me bet on the flop as he was out of position. I sensed that something wasn't quite right so when he checked the turn, I checked. He lead out with a pot sized bet, around 270 if I remember correctly. I made a crying call and he turned over the quads. Nice!

There were only a couple of times where I scooped pots -and- in both instances, I got really lucky. Once or twice against Rick.... yea! And one big pot against a new guy, Chris, I believe was his name where he flopped trips nines and I had a nut flush and 3rd nut low re-draw and both got there.

Based on the people at my table, I'm inclined to think that the Friday Omaha game is fixed and will be loaded going forward. I won't always be able to make it, but I'll be there whenever possible.

No comments: