Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Juice Tuesday

Another night with a limited supply of Juice.... I know that his wife has probably said that many times, but that's the way it is. It is a completely different game when the Juice is not in attendance. The pot sizes change from a juice-less $150 to a juice-included $1,000 to $1,500. I remember one hand last week where he wasn't even in the hand, just at the table, and it was the first really large pot of the night. I know there are some times when he can't control having to leave due to family, or crack-head employees or other emergencies, but we do miss him when he isn't there....

The night also had a different feel because Rick was noticeably absent. I understand that he isn't coming back until they make some pretty serious rule changes around there.... LOL. Yeah, that'll happen. They could pass a rule that he had to be beaten with razor-laced whip and dipped in alcohol and he would show up early and be right in line for "Scout" to assist with the accumulation of chips.... LOL.

There were only a couple of big hands for me last night. The first came against Elly when I turned the nut club flush and the 3rd nut low.... which earned me a scoop. The second against Mike M.... I was in the big blind and Elly raised the $2/$5 blinds to $20 (which became "pretty-much" the standard cost to see the flop last night). Mike raised it to $70 and when it got back to me in the hold'em hand, I had pocket kings. I raised to $200 and everyone folded! Now see, if the Juice were at the table, he would have re-raised me to $500. I would have pushed all-in and he would have scooped the pot when the "3" of his 7c, 3c made the wheel. Nice!

In another hand, I laid down a good hand to John S when he raised O8 pre-flop to $20 and when everyone called, he pushed all-in on the flop when the board came Jd, 8d, 4c. Everyone folded to me and after much verbal abuse from John laid down my bottom set, which I knew was ahead to his low draw and nut flush draw. Jarod ran it and I would have scooped the pot when the flush nor the low got there. He had gotten paid early on when he raised pre-flop with A, A, and 2 low cards when he hit the nut flush and the nut low.

The monkey did come out last night. The Juice came in a little late and sat down and turned a Jc, 7c straight flush..... Nice! I flopped quad-3's against Elly and Nate and bet the entire way and scooped a nice pot when the low didn't get there. All-in-all, a nice night and a good group of players, but we've got to keep the Juice at the table!

Back to the felt!

No comments: