Saturday, February 24, 2007

PKR Saturday Poker Tournament - CHAMPIONSHIP!

Well.... anytime you go out in 11th position in an 11 man tournament.... that's not good! LOL. Within the first couple of hands, bigdave raised with Kd, Qd and I called with KJos. The flop brought nothing, the turn paired the board with nines and Dave made a $300 bet so I called planning to try to take it away from him on the river. The river was a blank and he checked. So I bet $1200 at the $1400ish pot and he called. I guess he put me on K, 10. LOL. Nice call sir!

The next big hand for me was about 20 minutes later with pocket Kings on the button. Rene' raises the $100 blinds to $300. I re-raise to $1,000 and he re-raises $3,000. I remember my words exactly..... f*&k it, let's go. He calls and turns over pocket Aces. Ed laid down a crappy ace, but sure enough, the case Ace comes on the flop along with a "guaranteed to piss me off King." And the turn and the river would have given Ed flush the nut heart flush and he would have tripled up. The very next hand, now crippled, with less than $300 in chips I get pocket Aces and Ned raises the blinds to $500. I move all in and comment how I always hate it, when a guy gets to call my all-in and gets a rebate on his bet. LOL. Ned turns over pocket Kings! Back to back hands pocket Aces against pocket Kings! The aces hold up and now I'm about $600 in chips.

A couple of hands later I get Q, 10 and push and run into Jason on the button with pocket 5's. He calls and the flop gives me a 10, but manages to squeeze out a 5 for him so I'm all but drawing dead and start packing up.

Maybe I could have laid down the Kings against Rene'... but honestly he could have pushed with anything and I thought that my all-in might get him to lay anything but Aces or Kings down. As it turned out Jacks would have missed the set but would have scooped the pot filling in the gut shot straight that was on the board. He has been on one of the luckiest runs in this tournament that I've seen in a while. This time his luck showed up pre-flop by pitting him against Kings and then getting to hit the case-Ace when I flop a King set too.

Well, good playing guys and it all starts over again next week. I can hardly wait!

Back to the felt!

No comments: