Friday, February 16, 2007

Juiceless Thursday

There seemed to be something missing. To go out on a limb, and risk sounding like that idiot guy at the poker table who quotes Rounders incessantly (we've all been guilty at one time or another, but this little character flaw marks you as more of a rookie than someone who string bets or can't do a single chip trick), the table was set, you've got your knife, fork, and plate, but there just wasn't any steak.

Okay, there was steak. Or rather pot roast. And some kind of chicken that was out of this world. But without the Juice, or with very little Juice to go around, the evening took on a completely different air.

I showed up about 9:30 or 10. No Juice. He showed his pearly browns later, getting up and down more than Anna Nicole's chemically enhanced mood. He didn't stay long either. Just long enough for him to call my $25 preflop raise in NLHE with Juice-Ten-Unsuited. I had AsQs, and the board was magic. I was already in 2 buy-ins thanks to some horrible short-handed Omaha8 play by me, and some horrible short-handed Omaha8 luck from JRod. The flop comes JTx-two spades. Juice bets. I go all in. Dean calls. Juice calls. Bingo-bongo, spade, spade, and I'm already up for the night.

In an even weirder series of events, Juice builds up quite a stack after this after a pretty nice run, including the following hand, and he cashes out with chips. One of his last hands, he made it $100+ to go preflop. I flopped a monster wrap, something like 9TKA after a something like a QJx flop (2 to a flush). He bets $500 on the flop, and having none to the flush, and no low, I just can't manage to call my big wrap. Of course, I hit. Or would have.

A few other hands stand out as we played 4 handed into the wee hours of the morning, but one in particular. It ought to spawn a new strain of blog... Famous Charles quotes.

Superplayer, myself and Charles each manage to catch a nut straight with 78 in our hand, and a low on board. Something like a 56K29 board. Small betting before the river. The river betting goes something like me: $30, Superplayer: call, Charles: $75 or $125. I call. Superplayer calls. We all show our 78 straights. Neither Superplayer nor I have a low.

Says Charles, "That's why I raised... I was pretty sure my 37 was good for low".

1 comment:

Superplaya said...

loooooooooooool...see ya tonight