Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday @ PKR

A nice turn out for the tournament at PKR and there were several very interesting hands.... and of course, lots of suck-outs! I stole a couple of pots from a couple of different people but only felt compelled for some reason to show Rob.... I don't know why. The one I showed was 5d, 3d when I flopped an open ended straight draw and a flush draw and bet the flop, the turn and the river when I got no help whatsoever from any future streets. Nice!

Early in the tournament I doubled up through Jason.... I was under the gun and led out with a $400 bet with pocket Js. The flop was perfect! Ax, Jx, 7x and Jason pushed all-in when he hit his Ax, 2x pocket cards. Sweet!

I also let out once with pocket 3s (very un-Charles-like) only to flop a set. Unfortunately for me, no one else hit anything. If there hadn't been two the flush and the straight, I'd probably have checked it.

Mattrix played really well all week-end. He won the Saturday tournament and he finished 2nd to me in Sunday's tournament. I remember one hand where he had pocket AA and he slow-played pre-flop. The flop was the menage a troi flop of KKQ. He led out with a bet and took down the pot.

As we narrowed the field to 3, it was just me, Mattrix and Rob. There were several very interesting hands that came out while we 3 handed. The one where I crippled Rob, I had Kx, 10x and I moved all-in. Rob called immediately and turned over his Gretzky. The flop was absolutely no help with a Qx, Qx, 7x. None on the turn either when the 6x hit. I sucked out on the river when a 10 hit the board.

The next hand I was in the big blind and had 6d, 8d..... not my favorite, but I do like it. And Rob, the small blind, moves all-in for another $4500 or so. I don't know exactly what he said that made me think that he was making a move, but I just knew something was up. I called and he turned over 5x, 3x and the 8 high held up.

It appears that 9 and 10 match-ups weren't done. Matt and I were heads up and I had maybe 2.5 to 1 chip lead. The very next hand after knocking Rob out, I get 99 down and raise it to $6,000 and Mattrix moves all-in and I immediately call only to find that he had 10x, 10x and they held up. Wow!


At one point, we were pretty close to even chip-wise and Rob mentioned something about us chopping and I said that we hadn't had time to even discuss it as just as soon as he busted out, we had some action hands. Ed said something about us chopping and just as he did, the flop with 4x, 4s, 5s hits and Matt bet $6,000 and I called. The turn was a 6x and Matt checked and I checked. The river was a 7x and Matt checked and I checked and my 3x made a straight against his trip fours. Funny how things happen, huh!

The last hand of the tournament, I've got Qx, 10x and Matt raises $6,000 pre-flop. I call and the flop comes Jx, 9h, 7h. I check and Matt moves all-in. The only reason that my call wasn't automatic was because of the hearts on the board. His all-in move was $26,000 which was about half my chip stack and the more I thought about it, he could have been making that move with any Ace, any pair or any flush draw. With my open-ended straight draw, I also felt that if my Queen hit, it was good and any King or any 8 would take the pot and maybe even any 10 so I called. The turn made my straight with the King of diamonds and the river was a meaningless Ace. Mattrix turned over his Ax, 6x and the tournament was over.

Good playing guys! See you next week!

No comments: