Monday, February 05, 2007

Sunday @ PKR

The Sunday tournament proved to be pretty painful even though I won. I slow played trying to trap only to get trapped twice with the nut straight hitting the board. Billy built a nice stack again this week prior to the end of the re-buy period, but I managed to get him to heads up which was my goal. I felt that if I did, I stood a better than average chance even being dominated in the chip count. Fortunately by the time that we got down to heads up, I had about 20,000 although he had closer to 60,000 or so.

Shortly after the re-buy period ended, Carl and I both flopped huge hands! I was in the small blind and he was the big blind. Everyone folds around to me and I find aces..... I decided to raise a little to see if I can get him to bet at the pot. I raised the 100/200 blind to 500. He re-raised 1000. I re-raised him 1000 and he pushed all-in. I call and the small blind has Aces and the big blind turns over Queens! Talk about a cold deck.... and amazingly, the deck doesn't start spewing Queens! LOL. The Aces hold up and Carl is almost out of the tournament. He had me covered, but not by much.

There were a couple of very interesting hands. Once I raised with Kh, 4h the 1000/2000 blinds to 7,000 and he smooth called. The flop was 10x, Jx, Qx and we both checked. The turn was a 4x and he checked so I bet about 6,000 and he moved all-in. He's flopped or turned a couple of straights today and caught me with two pair once or twice.... I showed him my bottom pair and nut straight DRAW and folded. He showed his 8x, 9x... another flopped straight. We did a little rabbit hunting and the Ace that hit the river would have given me the pot and the tournament.

Another hand, I had the 8d, 9d and limped on the small blind and he raised all-in. I folded and would have flopped the nut straight. LOL. At one point, he had me down to about 2 blinds worth of chips and I doubled through him a couple of times to take back the chip lead. The last hand of the tournament was interesting. I had 8x, 9x in the big blind and he moved all-in. I started to call as it was only about 15,000 additional chips, but decided that I didn't want to double him up. As I was about to fold, I said... "I'd call, but I don't want to put my chips in when I'm behind again!" He said, "then fold" and I don't know what made me do it, but it was just something in the way that he said it that made me believe that he was making a move so I called. He turned over 2x, 5x and my 9 high won the pot. Sweet!

It was fun though... we went back and forth on the chip lead about 4 or 5 times! All that time Rick and I spent playing heads up 5/10 No Limit was good for me. We had a lot of fun and I think that we both learned a lot from it, I know that I did!

Oh well.... back to the felt!

No comments: