Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Betting a small pair...

I don't know why, but the past week or two I've been a little anxious at the table. Last night there were about 8-10 hands that I knew that I shouldn't have played, but I just wanted to.... How stupid is that!

I'm the big blind in $2/$4 No Limit Hold'em. There are about 6-7 limpers and I look down at pocket 3's. I normally don't but I thought "what the heck!" so I raised another $25 on top just to see what happened. Everyone folded except "horns blaring" Dave! This sucks, I really don't want to see a raised flop with pocket 3's. At any rate, guess what comes.... Qc, 3x, 3x! Yee haw! Quads! Get the monkey!

I check... hoping Dave has a Queen. He checks. The turn is an Ace. I bet $40, he calls. The river is a Jc. I bet $55, he calls! It's so unlike him not to go over the top. He never showed and I "got the Monkey"....

No comments: