Monday, May 15, 2006

PKR - $55 Buy-In (Rebuy) Sunday Tournament

First of all, don't tell Joe... apparently Ed has been making a little extra on this tournament as Joe advertises it as $55, but Ed is charging $60! LOL. Everybody is entitled to a little profit.... At any rate, I gave him a bunch of crap about that yesterday. I decided yesterday that I would try to spice it up a little and be very aggressive during the rebuy period and all that really did was cost me some money. Typically I'll get through the rebuy period of these tourneys with either no rebuys or one at the most. Typically it is none. So I've played very well for the most part, when we got down to 6 handed, I kicked it up a notch and raised all-in 3 times with middle or low pairs pre-flop. Very un-Charles like. I've been doing some reading this weekend and they're saying that a pair of 8's pre-flop will hold up 78% of the time. Well, maybe so, but it seems like 100% if you push all-in and DON'T get called. But if you let them see the flop, there's trouble in paradise. So, on two different occassions, I raised all-in preflop and Ed folded (very un-Ed like) and SHOWED me a higher pair than I had. LOL. That was worth the buy in right there.... At any rate, we get down to 4 handed and we chop in a 4th spot. Blinds are $1k/$2k and I'm the big blind and Ed raises it to $8k total. I push all-in with pocket 9's with another 15K. Ed is the chip leader and barely has me covered and turns over Jh, Qh. Horrible call. At best, he's looking at a coin flip (which is what it was) -OR- worst case, I've got him dominated with jacks or queens or AJ or AQ. The prick hits a Jack on the flop. So I go out in 4th...

I usually tip the dealer... his tip this day is "don't suck out on people who you hope to get a tip from...."

No comments: