Thursday, May 04, 2006

The last hand of the night....

At Dave's we typically play about 3 different games all NO LIMIT. $2-$4 Texas, $2-$4 Omaha 8 (which I realize is not for most rational players) and ... you're probably not going to believe this.... Low Chicago... a variation of 7 card stud where the person who has the low spade is automatically going to receive half the pot. LOL. You gotta love it! I've built a reasonable stack by playing mostly tight, aggressive all night. I made a couple of "vengeful" calls... LOL. Sorry, it happens. This is Omaha 8 (hi-lo with qualifying).... I've got As, 9h, 8h, 2s and everyone typically limps in for the big blind which means pre-flop there's a $25-$35 pot. The flop is 9s, 5s, 3s.... I've got the nut flush with the nut low re-draw. Sweet! You'd think! But I think for a moment and decide to slow play.... what an idiot! I bet $19 and there are 2 callers. The turn is a 5 which brings in the boat and sure enough one of the callers had top two pair.... and if that isn't bad enough, the river is a 2... now there is a low, but I don't have it!

My fault, no one to blame but me..... Oh well... there's always next week!

No comments: