Tuesday, May 30, 2006

OK... Even I suck out occassionally!

Yes, I know that it will be hard for you to believe Rick, but even I suck out on occassion. Yes, typically it is a mis-read, but sometimes it is because I know that I'm behind, getting the right pot odds and believe that if I hit, I'll get paid. This particular one is of the first variety.... the old mis-read.

PKR Monday, $1/$2 No Limit, LV has been on card hitting, sucking out tear. I've been the victim a couple of times already where I had the best hand and he sucked out on the turn or river. Yes, maybe I'm a little on tilt, but it happens. I've got Qc, Jh and the flop of Ks, 8c, X. I bet $35 into a $40 pot, LV folds so I think I may be home free. Rick raises $50 and I immediately push all-in for another $90 or so. Rick calls, I didn't like that.... I thought that he might have been on a smaller pair or even a Queen. At any rate, its too late to close the gate after the horses are out. He turns over K, 10. The turn is another Queen to which he begins mumbling to himself something about getting on the blog page.... LOL. And of course the river is a Jack giving me a full house. Ship it!

I do believe though that it was the first time that I've ever sucked out on Rick... compared to his weekly suck outs at Dave's game and in other tournaments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There goes that memory again, although part of the error may have just been a typo. I had A-K and the flop came K-Q-8. You got the rest of it correct however. Not bad for a guy your age...
Rick :-)