Saturday, October 28, 2006

Saturday PKR Tourney - Oct 28

There were several interesting hands that played out during the tournament..... as always, where, for some reason, I don't know why, the best hand at PKR only seems to hold up about 15% of the time.....

I was able to get in the money today, but barely.... when we were four handed, I had about 9,000 in chips and Joe Bob was on life-support.... I offered to chop in fourth position, but no one else was interested other than Joe Bob of course. Well, he gets knocked out and the next hand, I'm the big blind with 10, 4os and Rick limps in. The flop is 10, 10, 2.... Rick leads out with a 2,000 bet into the 4,000 pot and I am not going to mess around with this one... so I push all-in with another 5000 or so and he calls. He doesn't show, but mumbles something about he should have raised pre-flop..... so now I've got about 17,000 or 18,000. The blinds are 1,000/2,000 and I'm in the big blind. Jason and Rick both limp and I find Ah, Kh and push all-in for another 15,000. I am the short stack and Jason thinks about it for a minute or two and then calls. Rick folds and Jason turns over Ad, 7d.... and of course the diamonds pour out of the deck. By the turn, I'm drawing dead. Races.... not good at PKR. Jason was the chip leader and had plenty of chips so it wasn't a bad call and it actually turned out to be the right call. I just am tired of getting sucked out on. Jason said that he thought that I might be pushing that way with any ace, but just so you know. I laid down 3 pocket pairs in early position and Ace/smaller than a 10 at least 7-8 times. I might play them in late position or from the blinds, but I don't raise with them. There are those at PKR who do and I know who they are..... LOL.

Oh well, tomorrow is the 60/25/25 tourney and it'll probably be the last poker that I get to play before I head out for our company's annual sales meeting. Hope to see you at PKR and maybe someone other than me gets sucked out on. LOL.

No comments: