Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Tuesday night with the JUICE!

Nice crowd last night.... a full table almost all night, I was the first one to leave! So we begin rolling in around 8PM and there's .... NO DAVE! Dang! From the house's perspective, that's like trying to fish without bait! From my perspective, he's definitely the action guy and will always try to make something happen, so for at least the first 1-2 hours without Dave, there were a lot of cheap flops and practically anytime it was raised, everyone folded..... Where's Dave? Before he arrived, John S went on a little "Dave-Like" stretch where he was raising Omaha 8 NL pre-flop and as Rick had blogged earlier, there would be 7-8 callers and of course, someone would hit the jackpot. I believe out of 5-6 times that John raised pre-flop, he only got part of one of the pots. Sweet! At any rate, probably the most significant thing that happened prior to Dave's arrival was Jim L coming in late and sitting in the hot seat. There was one stretch where he must have won like 9 out of 10 hands played.

We did make one functional change this week.... we went from 2/4 games to 2/5 games. Not a big switch, but it sure gets alot of the single 1 chips off the table. I think it made the game go a little faster except when it was Bill's turn... hurry up, would you?

Dave finally showed up around 9:30 or 10, I don't remember the exact time, but I do remember what happens after that.... everything back to normal. Dave sets up John S and gets all his chips in and John was almost drawing dead.... John S leaves (for about 5 minutes... maybe) and he's back! Then Dave and I hook up in a big hand. Omaha 8 NL and I've got Ac, Jc, 10d, 8d - Dave raised pre-flop another 18 and of course, everyone calls. I am in late position and the flop is something like Kc, 9c, 4s.... it checks around to me (including Dave) and I opt just to see what hits. There it is.... another club. Check, check, check, check & Dave.... he bets 135 and push all in for another 381 on top.... everyone folds to Dave and he calls. I flip the nuts and the river is a brick....

There was a hand that I missed while farting around with the iPod where Dave flopped a straight flush and Mike M flopped the Ace high flush... as usual, they fondle each other then lay down and piss on themselves.... yep, they checked it down! That's when you know where you stand with somebody there.... if that had been me in that hand with the Ace high flush, Dave would still be trying to bet and re-raise.... LOL.

One other interesting hand happened between Mike M and me.... I've the Ac, 2d, 9d, Js.... the flop brings a couple of clubs and one to the low.... including the 9c. I'm in late position and Mike makes a bets about 16 and I think everyone called. The turn was the 4c..... now there's a flush and two to the low.... Mike bets 30 and there are a couple of callers..... The river brings in my nut low and it checks around to me so I'm thinking ..... I've got the nut low AND although I don't have a flush, I do have the Ac and might be able to get someone to lay down a crappy flush and worst case scenario is that I bet and just build the pot a little.... so I bet 35. Jim L calls and Mike M raises 100 on top. Rick folds and I call and Jim L folds. Mike turns over the A, 2 with a paired 8 on the board. I've got the A, 2 with a paired 9 and Mikie gets quartered! LOL. I didn't see that coming......

Well, hopefully.... the game will stay high on everyone's list.... we had a good turn-out last night. We'll see what happens Thursday and hopefully we'll have a good turnout at PKR this week as well....

Back to the felt!

No comments: