Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday Tournament @ PKR

Well, if you are a good player, you'll probably learn something in every tournament that you play in.... what I learned from the Saturday PKR tournament is that you shouldn't play if you don't feel well. I had a small health problem Friday night that spilled over into Saturday and I just didn't want to be anywhere but in bed. I played very patiently for the first couple of hours, but once we busted down to one table, frustration began to set in.

I had been at the tables for about 2.5 hours and probably only played 3-4 hands. I think that only a couple of times I played anything other than a decent pair, but I did steal the blinds those couple of times that I played without a big pair because I had been playing so tight. At any rate, when we raced off the chips, I got a little frustrated because I thought the way that it was handled, I put the most chips in and didn't get any back, but Akash picked up one that I believe should have been mine. At any rate, no big deal normally, BUT when you don't feel well, you've only played 3-4 hands over 2.5 hours and THEN you lose a chips to the race off because you feel of someone elses error..... all add-up to hasty decision coming.... So I'm the small blind and one of the big stacks is to my immediate right, Akash.... there's a couple of limpers and when it gets to Akash, he pushes all-in and has all the limpers covered. As soon as he did it, I thought Jacks or Queens, because it was apparent that he didn't want any callers, but the wierd thing about that move is that unless someone else has Queens, Kings or Aces -OR- someone gets froggy with Big Slick.... everyone folds. So normally, the only one that calls you, has you beat. LOL. At any rate, I've got pocket 8's and was just tired and frustrated and ready to go or -GROW.... so I call and everyone else folds. He's got Jacks and they hold up.

Well, we'll be back!

1 comment:

Rick said...

"Small health problem" - You didn't get bitten by Dave's spider, did you...? :-)