Wednesday, October 04, 2006

There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home...

Well, after a losing week up north, it’s great to be back playing poker with The Jizz (AKA – The Human ATM). Although the night’s profits ended up being four-figures, it was really a fairly uneventful session. For the most part I managed to stay out of the large, crazy, make-or-break pots, but won a good percentage of the small to medium pots I was involved in.

The night started out nicely, when we started playing five-handed, and I look down at 7-7 in the BB after everyone limped. I figured my hand was probably only good until the flop, so I popped it up another $35(?) or so to take it down right there. I think there was one caller before Nate re-raised all-in. Hmmm… now I had just teased him about buying in for such a small amount, about $160 (most of us buy-in for $400). As it turned out, that small buy-in became his downfall. He doesn’t need too much more money for it to become a fairly easy fold for me. Here I was getting almost 2:1 on the call, but more importantly in this case, it was the first hand of the night and it simply just wasn’t that much more money. I call, Nate turns over 10-10, and I’m obviously way behind.

Enter Jarod, our intrepid dealer.

While I really like the 7 that he throws up on the flop, I like the case 7 on the turn even better. Quads to start the evening off – Get the Monkey! And as we say all too often: Jarod performs sexual intercourse on another one! Well, we say something like that…

As I said, I didn’t really drag any enormous pots, but I never took any big hits either. I made several big lay downs, and they all turned out to be correct decisions. No other big hands stand out, except for a couple moderate scoopers in Omaha 8. Not quite the roller coaster ride of most nights with The Jizz, but I went home with a pocketful of money nonetheless. Hey, whatever works. I don’t much care what road I take, so long as I end up safely at my destination…

See ya at the tables!
Rick

No comments: