Sunday, October 01, 2006

Saturday PKR Tourney....

Rick and I made it to the PKR Tourney on Saturday.... I still haven't been to bed.... but somehow managed to finish 2nd.

I trippled up early and having a little reckless table image, I called a pre-flop raise to $400 with the 3c, 5c.... the flop was 1h, 2h, 4c.... that's pretty good flop for me.... I think! Lenny moves all-in and the new guy, Hari, calls so I call and turn over the nuts, they both turn over big aces and almost drawing dead.... the turn and the river doesn't change anything. Ship it!

I was making some comments all along about my willingness to play any "5"... there's a pre-flop riase to $150. I've got Jh, 10h and the flop comes 10, 10, 5.... so I lead out with a $500 bet and get one caller before Akash moves all-in. I call and he turns over the Ah, 5c.... wee!

As we got down to the final 2, me and the new guy, Hari... He probably has me out-chipped 3-1. He hits some big cards and goes all-in 4-5 times in a row and with the $3000/$6000 blinds, I can't take much more of this or I'll be out.... I'm the small blind and get K, J and move all-in. He turns over A, 10 and it holds up.....

Still, for not having been in a bed since Friday a.m., 2nd was OK with me.

Going back to PKR shortly for the Sunday event!

No comments: