Monday, October 09, 2006

Sunday Tournament - Let's Play!

Okay people, here’s your chance to give your input. We’ve tried to get a Sunday tourney going again at PKR, with mixed results. We had hoped a higher buy-in ($110) would attract a different crowd, but it’s kind of died out as well. After talking with many players, everyone seems to have a different opinion of what kind of format it would take for them to play on a regular basis.

So give us your opinion! What kind of Sunday tourney would you play in on a regular basis? Hold ‘em, Omaha High, Omaha High/Low? If Omaha, limit or pot limit? Buy-in amount? Rebuys? If so, how many and what amount? Add-on? You get the picture.

As for me, while I may have my personal preference, I just want to play, but I’m not going to waste time driving out there if we’re not going to have a least one full table. It sounds like many of us are in the same boat - it’s a chicken and egg kind of thing. The consensus seems to be “I’ll play if we have enough,” but nobody wants to commit until others do. Obviously, if nobody commits then we’ll never have enough.

I think JC is flexible about the game and format, so long at the tourney is over in a reasonable amount of time, and of course, the house gets enough to make it worthwhile.

So let’s try again. Tell us what you want, and then do your part and SHOW UP. Bring a friend as well. Once the momentum gets rolling, then others will want to play also. It’s a good group of guys and it’s a fun place to play, but you tell me, what will it take for you to show up on Sundays? Don’t say “a fluffer” – it takes a week for Charles’ jaw to heal from Tuesdays…

See ya at the tables…
Rick

3 comments:

Charles R said...

I am definitely in and would be willing to play in any tourney at PKR with a buy-in between 60 and 1,000..... 2:00pm is fine with me as well. I would also be fine with a NLHE or Omaha 8 and probably even Omaha Hi only.... let's just get it going!

nateDiggity said...

I would commit to either Omaha variety, and possibly on Hold Em. I'm just not a fan of rebuys/addons. But any pricerange.

Maybe a one-of-a-kind-in-the-area SHOe tourney or something would rock. Or do without the stud (razz instead?). Something that's FUN. To me, HoldEm has lost alot of its fun.

Rick said...

I'd play anything, but I agree with Nate. There's no shortage of Hold 'Em options around, so I wouldn't mind trying an Omaha tourney. The PL Omaha game has become pretty solid on Fridays, so maybe we can get a few NLHE converts. My instinct is that if we play pot limit, then we would need to do rebuys. Otherwise I could see people busting out in 10-15 minutes. If we played limit, then maybe not.

The problem with not having rebuys or add-ons is that we would need to have a fairly large initial buy-in to make it worthwhile. This is fine with me, but I just wonder what percentage of players it would scare off.

Also, I wouldn't mind doing something like SHOE or HORSE, but again, I think it would just be too much for many players. I could be wrong though, and I'll try anything once (get your mind out of the gutter Charles).