Saturday, December 23, 2006

Friday PKR Omaha Hi or Hi-Lo

I wanted to wrap up my posts today with a comment about this game... First of all, I have turned into a much bigger fan of Omaha as I believe it to be a much more ACTION type of a game. The pre-flop pot in the $2/$5 pot limit game is very likely to be $60 to $100 or so whereas the pre-flop Hold'em pot nowhere near that amount.

You are also likely to run into players who feel they are very good at Hold'em and don't quite get the querks of Omaha who will pay you off chasing a low draw or calling you down with 2nd or 3rd nut.... It's not unusual in Omaha 8 to have several pots per night total way over $1,000 each. And some, considerably higher!

Well, I really enjoy the game and I feel that Joe and PKR are doing everything possible to make it even better so I'm definitely hooked and hope that we can make this Friday night game even bigger! Although we did have a good table full 9-11 players from about 7:30 till about 4AM! Not bad....

Well, at any rate, I hope to see you at PKR for Friday night Omaha!

No comments: