Saturday, December 30, 2006

Saturday PKR Tourney - Dec 30

Well, I made it back from Canada! What a trip! Hockey, Hockey, Hockey!

I got back just in time to plug into the PKR tourney today and played a little more aggressive than normal and when I do that it typically means I have more re-buys! Yep, one or two! At any rate, I finally flop a pretty good hand in the big blind and let me play it back for you.... Jason has been playing a lot of hands and making some pre-flop raises and taking down the pots, but he showed pocket Queens about 3-4 times.... so I've tried not to get hooked up with him today. Well, I'm the big blind and Big Dave calls, Jason calls and the new guy calls (sorry, I don't remember his name).... I look down to find a paltry 8h, 6d... nothing to get overly excited about, but I'm the big blind so I just check.... The flop 10h, 8d, 6c..... sweet! The blinds are now $400/$800 and I've only got around $6000.... the small blind checks and I push all-in to the $3,200 pot. Big Dave folds, Jason says I've got to call and the small blind folds. He turns over exactly what I was hoping he had.... Qh, 10d. He's got outs, but this is one of the hands that if I must get called that I wanted to call me. The turn brings a 5x and the river brings another 5x. He knocks me out of the tourney with a better two pair!

Well, I'm back!

No comments: