Sunday, December 24, 2006

PKR Sunday Poker Tournament

We were a little short-handed today probably due to Christmas eve.... although I know that most "serious" poker players have no family life... LOL. We just played the regular event that was scheduled. Jason, Ed, Carl, me and a couple of guys that were apparently Ed's friends, which I know is contradictory as I don't know that Ed has any friends. If he did yesterday, he won't after they see him today wearing a lovely black blouse with ruffles... I don't know where he got it, I can only assume he lost a bet. He caught hell all afternoon about it. He kept mumbling that the women love it. Yes, I think they love it when they were wearing it themselves, not on a dude... Dude! Oh well, we all make poor wardrobe decisions on occasion! LOL.

Back to the cards.... Carl played really well today and I let him bet me off the best hand a couple of times including once we had the same hand and another time when I had an over pair to his pair, but with an ace on board, it was an easy lay-down for me. I got a little "Gus Hansen" like and raised a couple of times with basically nothing and showed both of them. Probably the corner turner for me was I was the button with pocket 7's and had already pushed all-in several times and got no callers.... Well, Carl had a suited A, 3 and decided that he would defend his small blind. The flop brought a Q, J, 7..... ding, ding, ding, ding! He had runner runner outs, but they didn't come. At about 4:30 or so, he really wanted to leave and he was the chip leader. He wanted us to just chop the pot between me, him and Ed as we were the last ones remaining. I agreed to play 20 more minutes and then chop as I really didn't want to chop it and although I was not the chip leader, I felt good about the possibility of winning it. By the time, the 20 minutes were up, Ed and I were pretty close and Carl was just about out of chips. But the agreement was already in place so we chopped...

Back to the felt!

No comments: