Sunday, December 31, 2006

Sunday PKR Tourney, Dec 31st

It was definitely a shoot-em-up kind of tournament today.... the largest pot for a 6 handed tournament that I've seen there. And as usual, don't get your money in while you are ahead... it won't work out! LOL. I was all-in 6 times today with a pocket pair or a dominating ace only to lose to the suckouts. Jacks twice, Queens twice and Kings once.... Sweet! My final hand of the day happened when we were down to four-handed play and Ed raises under the gun the $500/$1,000 blinds and additional $3,000. I'm in the big blind and it folds back to me and I look down to find pocket Queens! I push all-in for an additional $11,000. Ed won a couple of big hands early which made him the chip leader. At first I didn't want him to call, but the longer he took meant that the crappier his kicker was..... He finally calls and turns over AJos.... The flop was 10x, 9x, 5x.... The turn is a king which means if I hit my queen, he wins with a straight! And although the Queen doesn't come, he hits an Ace on the river to knock me out.

I'm happy with the way that I played and look forward to the suck-outs stopping.... yeah right!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Yeah, you gotta be happy finishing fourth in a six-person tournament, especially after getting slapped upside the head with the deck all day. And hey, good luck with that last part... :-)

Rick

Charles R said...

I don't have to win to feel good about the way that I played. I'd rather win and feel good about the way that I played as well, but that can't happen all the time. Some of us don't dry-hump the leprechauns as you do.... LOL.