Saturday, December 09, 2006

PKR Pot Limit Omaha Hi or Hi/Lo

Another whacky night at this game.... probably the biggest pot of the night (especially that I was tied up in) came around midnight when, on the turn, I had Nut Flush DRAW, 2nd Nut Lo DRAW and 2nd NUT STRAIGHT! I don't remember who started the bet but Rick goes all-in for about $200 straight (he had the nut straight at the time) and of course there are a be-zillion callers including me. The river pairs the board and Rahj wins the lottery with Jacks-full-of-crap.... Nice! Such is the nature of Pot Limit Omaha......

I played two hands way too conservatively.... This one hand in particular from late position I have Qd, 8d, Ad, X... the flop comes 9d, 10d, Jc. Akash bets the pot and there are 2-3 callers and I raise it to $50. He just calls and there is one other caller. The turn is a low brick and it checks all the way around.... I should have popped it up there. The river is another low brick and Akash bets $100 and Elvie immediately calls so for some reason, unknown to man, I thought that he had possibly slow-played the nut straight when I raised. And with Elvie making such an immediate call, I can't make my middle straight the best hand and they both turn over 2 pair with Akash winning the pot with top two.

Oh well.... and that was pretty much the way my night went!

No comments: