Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Queens did it to me today!

We had a very good turn-out for today at PKR for the 40/40/40. I ended up having to deal one table to assist as we had two full tables.... there are several big hands that I remember today. The first one was Rick on the short stack shortly after the buy-in period is over when he only had about $1600 in chips left with $100/$200 blinds. He pushes all in from late position and gets 3 callers. They all check it down.... no betting! LOL. Rick gets up to leave the table only to discover that his unsuited big slick no pair takes down the pot and he quadruples up! LOL. I'd rather have his luck than a license to steal.

My big hands all featured Queens.... the blinds are about $400/$800 and there are about 5 limpers after we have busted down to one table. I'm in late position and look at AQos. I decide to push hoping to just take down the dead money and the blinds. Both the blinds fold and gets around to Crazy Carl who calls and everyone else folds to me. I have Carl covered by $1,000 and he turns over unsuited AK.... yep, the Queen hits the flop and holds up.... I apologize about 1/2 dozen times before Carl can get out the door.

Now I've got near $40,000 in chips and pretty much the chip leader. I'm the big blind and there are several limpers and I catch 6x, 7x. The flop comes A, 7, 6. The small blind checks and I bet $4,000 and it folds to the small blind who calls. The turn is an 8x. The small blind checks and I bet $8,000 and he pushes all-in for another $13,500. I immediately call as I had put him on a big Ace... He turns over AQ and rivers a Queen. I then proceed to break one of my rules of play. Never play the next hand or two after a bad beat..... especially one that basically cripples you. I'm the small blind and everyone at the table is pretty much in shock from that bad beat and folds around to me. I've got J, 9os and Hari is the big blind and we both limp. The flop comes Q, 9, 6.... I check and Hari bets $2,500 and I push all-in for my remaining $6,000 or so. He calls and turns over his Queen which holds up. From chip leader to out in two hands. Nice!

Back to the felt!

4 comments:

The Juice said...

Sounds to me like you simply got out played by players who could be labeled very easy as DONKIES!?
The Juice

Charles R said...

Well, you should be able to recognize that.... if anyone can!

Rick said...

One of these days it's going to come out that Charles and Dave are really twins who were separated at birth...and who could blame their mother?

Charles R said...

Maybe, but if so, it'll be proven that I got all the brains and the dick.... and he was the "Danny Devito" twin....