Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Another downswing

I had a great start to this week, turning $0.50 into over $1500 but have been on an incredible spiral downwards since last night. I should have quit but I didn't and lost just about all of it back. Still in decent shape but just frustrating to see alot of it go away by hit & run donks sitting down and getting lucky and leaving the table. I know I can win against them over a long session but there is nothing I can do about that. I need to move on and not let it effect me after it happens, which is does most of the time.

However.....I guess that I can feel better after reading about sbrugby's past week....ouch

downswing
I am currently on my largest downswing of my life. It very depressing and today the total hit 3 million dollars. It began the last two days of live play when I lost 1.8 million dollars and has continued online by losing another 1.2 million. I have been getting destroyed by pretty much everyone I play. I think overall I have played pretty well in this downswing besides one night where I was very tired. I have almost completely busted my FTP account and may have to wire more money which would be very depressing. If this happens I will probably take a few weeks off poker to cool off. This downswing is made easier by the fact that I had a big upswing before but still its not fun to lose 3 million dollars. Often when I am in a downswing I need to rework my game but I think I have been playing well. I know things will turn around as this has happened to me a million times before just not on the same scale. As a side note I have been doing very well in the Omaha 8 games. When I first began playing them I thought I wouldn't have a lot of success but I have really hit the ground running. I hope that I am not just running hot and that this success continues. I do feel that I have a good idea of my equity in hands. I will have to see how I do in the next few months. But now I feel comfortable playing NLH, PLO, limit holdem, razz, and O8. Edited: 07/24/2007 at 09:46 PM by Brian

No comments: