Saturday, July 07, 2007

Juice Poker

It was a fun-filled night with the Juice Tuesday. We had much discussion about the house ra"p"e, oops, that is supposed to be a K. His goal is to pay for his kids education with money from the rake over a 2 week period. And I think we have a touch down. LOL.

Much to his sha-grin, he doubled me up twice early on and then accused me of being on CHIP PRESERVE the rest of the night. I hope always to be on CHIP PRESERVE. It was fun watching him roll over and piss on himself 2 or 10 times that night. I will say that it has been quite encouraging to see him and John M bet at each other for a change. I did get a few monster cards and they actually either hit or held up.

We played Omaha 8 all night and I limped in early position with Ac, Ad, 5c, 4c to a flop that was something like Ax, 5h, 9h and when I checked Tom J made a bet of approximately $125 leaving him with about $180 or so behind. It folded to me and I decided to isolate to get Rick out and I pushed all-in and everyone folds to Tom, he calls. He's got a set also and my set holds up, no low, scooper. The only hand that I was really worried about after the flop was if he was betting a heart draw with a low wrap. Fortunately he didn't have that one.

There was one other hand that smacked me right in the mouth! I'm SB I believe and there is a straddle of course of approximately $30 or so and I'm not certain who's it was, but either Tom or the Juice raised it another $75 or so pre-flop. I've got a great starting hand of Ad, 2d, 3h, 6h and there are 4-5 callers and I smooth call. The flop was 2s, 4h, 9h.... I really like this flop as it has given me the nut low draw and a flush draw. I believe that it is Tom who leads out with a $80 bet or so and of course everyone calls, except Dean. I'm over here screaming (inside) FIVE-OF-HEARTS, FIVE-OF-HEARTS and I can't believe it.... I get the 5 of hearts. Now I have the nut low, the wheel and a heart flush and a straight flush draw so I cannot contain myself and I bet out for about $150 hoping that someone else made the wheel and that I might bet out any full-house draws. If there is a bigger flush, we'll probably chop. Tom calls and I believe there's one or two other callers including Elvie (seated to my immediate right). The river pairs the board with a 9 and I immediately push all-in and everyone folds. Still, it was a nice pot!

Oh well... back to the felt!

No comments: