Saturday, July 14, 2007

Exciting finish at High On the Hog

So far both I've hosted two tournaments at High On the Hog and so far the heads up hands have been ESPN quality hands for certain. Last week I was heads up with a guy named Adam. I held Ac 4d And the flop was 2d 3d 5d giving me the straight. After raising his bet on the flop he pushed all-in with Ad 8h. The queen of diamonds came on the turn and suddenly I found myself with 1,600 in chips....... to his 58,400. I was eliminated three hands later.

Today we almost had a full table (Thank you Raleigh Poker Meet-up!!!!) after only three people showing the first week (my brother, who only dealt today, and I made it five.) I joined six others in a 2 and a half hour journey. It took 50 minutes to knock out the first player and then one player fell about every twenty minutes before I ended up heads up with a young man named Matt. Matt won an early pot to put us about even with chips. Then came the big hand. With blinds of 1500/3000, I raised on the button with KdQs. He then called the 9000 bet and we saw an AsJsrag flop. He coyly checked and I checked my 4 out straight draw. Another rag graced the turn and we both checked again. The came a 10c on the river. He then bets 12K and I immediately announce the all-in. He calls and as I say "nuts" he (justifiably) shows his disgust as he turns over pocket aces.

At the pace we're growing I hope that we can get at least a full table next week. Maybe we'll have full drama just as well. I will be adding a $5 bounty to the buy-in thus making it a $40+5+5 tournament. For those not familiar, "Bounty tournaments" are tournaments in which you can win money by eliminating a player. Plus my cash game will start at 1PM on July 22nd, instead of the previously announced 5PM. It still will be a $1/$3 NLHE.

1 comment:

Charles R said...

Very nice! I'll definitely make one of these.... I just need to find a Saturday where I didn't stay up playing O8 that Friday night.... It could happen!