Tuesday, July 31, 2007

2007 WSOP (Question)

Has there been a rules change regarding use of profanity at WSOP tables?

I am watching the final table of a PL Omaha event on ESPN and Dave Elliott just let the explicatives fly. Of course, the network bleeped them all but I am pretty sure he used the "F" word ten or so times in less than a minute. He has said F&$* several more times in the few minutes I've been typing this post. I remember Mike-the-Mouth being penalized time last year for saying it twice.

Have the rules been relaxed? Is it something that only applies to the Main Event due to the wide exposure? Just curious.

Anyone know anything about this?

Scott R

2 comments:

ftp_pirate said...

i was wondering the same thing. Maybe it's just the final table that gets a pass. It was pretty funny though to listen to DF. That should be the Famous Quote section on the blog....

makeutap247 said...

Last year penalties for the F-bomb were enforced for all events. Then again I guss even last year it really depended. One of my dealers during the main event was repeatedly using the F-word in a mocking way at the end of the first day while we were waiting to bag up our chips. If I has used it though I probably would have been screwed. This year the rules were relaxed after a lot of pros publicly stated it was a ridiculous rule. I mean you could call someone a c@@t or a d@@k but not say f@@k. Players this year could get away with saying it even repeatedly as long as it was not specifically directly toward someone. I think even this new version of rules was very loosely enforced this year. Devilfish may have been very close to crossing the line. It seemed like he wasn't just saying f@@k I lost but something more along the lines of Boutin you are a dumbf@@k for playing that garbage and beating me. If Boutin didn't care and no one else complained though he could probably get away with crossing the line without an automatic penalty like last year.