Thursday, July 12, 2007

Omaha 8 5/10 No Limit

I know, it gets crazier sounding every time I say it.... No one plays, no rational person plays 5/10 No Limit Omaha 8.... well, I know a small group of lunatics that do.... regularly. And it got off to a great start with Tom tripling up only to scoop a $1400+ pot with the high, a pair of Kings! Yep, you heard it, Omaha 8 scooped pot with a pair of Kings. Whee!

I did catch a couple of nice ones as well... there was a pre-flop straddle of $30 and the Juice raises it to $100 straight and I do believe that everyone called. I'm holding Ah, 2h, 5c, 6c and the flop was 3x, 4x, 8x. I have read how Rick got a flop like that several times but I never dreamed that it could happen to me. I quickly check and the Juice leads out with $100 bet and there are several callers. The turn was the 7. The juice bets and I push all-in and get a couple of callers and I end up scooping a very nice pot.

Although the hand of the night belonged to the Juice. It didn't actually happen that night, but it was a story from the side cash games at this years WSOP. I won't spoil it only to say that the King of the one-outer had Mr. Parkinson hit a one outer on him.... Come on Dave, tell the story!

Back to the felt!

No comments: