Thursday, July 12, 2007

Todd Brunson Quotes

Insightful:
"The path to do the right thing is in front of everyone, and each knows how to walk it. The path is clear, yet some choose not to take it. This applies to life as well as poker. Not every path I've taken has been glamorous, but I did the right thing and it got me where I am today."

- Todd Brunson

Egotistical:
Todd has occasionally criticized his dad’s plays in public. Doyle maintains his composure and sarcastically responds, “I know Todd. I’m the idiot who sired a genius.”
Doyle calls Todd after big games and especially after big tournaments. Doyle will ask, “How did you do?” If Todd won, the answer is always, “I played, didn’t I.”

-From Berry Greenstein's website

Hilarious:
Scheduling an interview with players from the Big Game is tougher than a 50-cent steak. I've got Phil Ivey on deck, but we're like Gavin Smith in a singles bar - unable to hook up. (Take that, Tippy-Toe Canadian!)
-From the opening paragraph of Todd's article in Card Player Magazine

1 comment:

Charles R said...

Thanks! I will absolutely use the "I'm the idiot who sired a genius!" many, many times in the future.... I love it!