Wednesday, August 01, 2007

1/3 NL Tuesdays

It was another two-table night at D-N-K-Y. I got the feeling early that any time I was involved in a pot it was going to be interesting a fun and the night didn't disappoint!

On one hand, there was a $15 dollar raise from the small blind and about 4 callers, I called with KJos and the flop comes QJT rainbow. The original raiser bet 20 dollars and it folded around to me. I pushed all in for about $100 more and he ended up folding. A little rabbit hunting showed I would have spiked the A on the river to give me the nut strait, thinking I pulled off a pretty slick bluff I showed my hand. I was sorely disappointed to see that the original raiser actually just had a pair of 9's, so I wasn't even bluffing. There I thought I was being all coy making a great play and it ended up that i had the best hand! Shucks!

One thing I hate is getting outplayed. Not that I claim to be a great player, but from a competitive aspect that draws me to this game...I hate being outplayed. Sup, as everyone knows is a fairly tight player, I had AsQs in late position and raise it up to 16, sup re-raises me to 50 in the bb. Everyone reluctantly folds, and sup shows his hand. We rabbit hunt again (pretty much a norm for all us donkeys at this game) and showed that I would have turned the stone cold nuts......damnit sup! No more respect for your raises!

At one point in the evening, Chen (Or Shen...however you spell it?!?) re-raises frank to around $65, Frank pushes all in and Chen calls off all his chips....remember this detail...Chen calls off ALL HIS CHIPS to Frank's push. The boardcomes 8x 3x 10x Kx Kx, Frank flips over AQ and Chen shows.......8x3x....that's so sick. What's even more hilarious (besides the fact he-reraised then called off all his chips) is that just a few weeks ago, he took a big pot off of Chad when Chad had KK, Chen called $75 flop bet (after calling preflop of course) with 8x3x on an 8-high board, the spiking another 8 on the turn. Ever since then Chad has had a bounty on whoever can bust Chen out. Just when we all thought Chen was going to start playing solid poker!

Later on in the evening Brennan makes it $13 to go in an unopened pot from the cutoff, I wake up with KcKh from the small blind and raise to $50. He gives me a long, glaring stare and cold calls the raise. I already feel like I'm up against the nuts after this, the flop comes A-high with two clubs. I lead out for a pitiful $25 bet and Brennan makes a few more comments and cold calls it. It's now obvious what he has and I'm done with my hand. I check the turn (another spade) and he bets like $60, I tell him he has aces and fold my kings and sure enough....he has aces. While the river would have given me a K, I was pretty much done with the hand after his smooth call on the flop. Had the flop come A-K-X, I would have still mucked, in fact, I wish it had come that, cause that would have been damn spiffy of me to muck middle set to his aces...but when you know, you just know!

Cause every hand's a winner, and every hand's a loser, and the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep!

-CA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rick said...

Always a nice bonus when it turns out you're bluffing with the best hand. You can always give a sly nod and say "Yeah, I knew it was good - it was a value bet..." :-)