Saturday, August 11, 2007

So that's what it feels like to get your money in bad and suck out! I like it!

$2/$5 Pot Limit Omaha 8 in Cary last night and there were several very interesting hands for me that I'll probably post separately from each other just because of time constraints.

One of them was near the end of the night. My family has been out of town all week in Chicago for my son to represent NC in a roller hockey State Wars tournament. They played very well, but ended up finishing just out of the medals. At any rate, they were getting back in around 11 so I knew I wouldn't be able to play very late. It was around 10ish and I had just been quartered in a huge pot so I was back down to just above my original buy-in.

I'm ready to go, half on tilt and I re-straddled for $15 and there are several callers. I believe it was Tom who raised another $50 or so I call and I believe that it was Akash that called along with me. I've got Ac, 2d, 8d, Qd... a vulnerable hand at best. Vulnerable? To a $50 raise and another caller, is there anyone who believes that I am not way behind?

The flop.... 2x, 7x, 10x - how does it miss me? Let me count the ways. Tom pots it for over $200 and I've only got about $170 or so left. It's rare that you ever hear these words at the poker table, "there's too much money in there for me not to call." I think that Elly coined that phrase originally. So even though I feel like I'm contributing to Tom's kid's education fund. I push my remaining chips in the middle and Rick and I are watching my cards and the board as it comes 9x on the turn and then a miracle Jx on the river. Yep, you run the numbers.... 8x, 9x, 10x, Jx, Qx. I ended up scooping the pot from an almost drawing dead position after the flop. Like I said, "so that's what it feels like to get your money in bad and suck out!" I apologized to everyone involved including the bystanders and pulled the $700+ pot into my corner.

Onward and upward and back to the felt!

No comments: