Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Good fold....

We've all said it, but sometimes it really is true! Tonight with the Juice.... there were a couple of big hands for me. This was certainly one of them! I only had one regret, the Juice had already busted out and I believe he could be heard upstairs rolling pennies. But... this particular hand, there's a $30 straddle and I believe there were 5 callers. I've got the kind of down cards which usually earns me a Q, Q, J flop, but not this time.

My hand...


The flop....

I know, right now, I've just got the nut low with some great re-draws so, acting from late position, I lead out with an $80 bet and get 3 callers.

The turn....

Now I've got the wheel with a flush draw (albeit not a very high one) and the top 2 pair so I lead out with a $125 bet and get 2 callers.
The river....
Sweet! Although I'm not certain what anyone could have been calling with but I still have to bet hoping that someone caught something. But the $200 bet on the river goes uncalled.... like I said.... very good fold! Nut low and Aces full.... sounds like something that Dean would run into.
I did catch Dave in one hand earlier when I smooth called his $40 straddle with Ac, As, 3s, 5d. Everyone at the table and a couple of guys from the topless bar next door smooth called and of course when it gets back to Dave he raises $100 and I believe there were 3 callers before it gets back to me and I have already eye-balled the other stacks of the callers and they are rather short-stacked, but I decide to push anyway. And my friend, Rick, does it again, he talks Dave out of calling.... "I can't believe that you say you don't want to give Charles any chips but you do anyway!" Nice Rick.... so Dave folds and I get two callers for less than my $900 bet, Bill T and Elvie. The flop is a little scary.... 4x, 4x, 4x, but no low gets there and my crappy boat holds up. I'm sure Rick folded the case 4.
It was a good night and other than a couple of instances where I wanted the pot to get large, I managed to steer clear of any ball-buster hands and ended up cashing out for a tidy profit.
Oh, well... next time! Back to the felt!

No comments: