Sunday, August 05, 2007

Glad To Be An American

I don't play much live but I play a tremendous amount online. There is rarely a day that goes by that I don't curse this country we live in. I hate that players here in the Trinagle have to be worried about their games getting raided. I hate that I can't move money around from site to site online as easy as I used to. I hate that I can't play at all the sites like Party and Pokerroom anymore. However, sometimes I do feel appreciative to live in this country even with rogue prosecutors like Nifong running around. For an interesting, eye-opening, and really scary read check out the post on this blog about getting arrested for playing poker in Thailand.

http://www.grindblog.blogspot.com/

Let me add that my personal opionion of this guy is that he is a total douche bag. I do believe his story to be true though. I've read his blog some in the past and I've been realtively familiar with him for some time. He's done some pretty shady stuff in the past. He's also been banned from the popular poker forum 2+2 for some of his past actons. If someone were going to get locked up in a Thai prison and have them throw away the key it probably couldn't happen to a more deserving individual. Well that may be a tad bit harsh but to say the least I do not hold him in very high regard.

Next time I'm cursing the US I will have to remember that as absurd as we feel the laws concerning poker are in this country at least we haven't gotten to the point where we have to worry about being treated like this. At least not yet.

No comments: