Saturday, August 18, 2007

Prop Bets

I love making prop bets. I think it makes any game more exciting. The problem is that I can't get a lot of action. Its funny how guys who do not hesitate to drop a hundred on a game or even a few thousand on any given Sunday during football season won't do many prop bets. They won't even take bets on black vs red flops, backing up a read on someone's hand with a side bet, who will be the first to go busto, or or wins and loses the most. Nothing big, just simple things that can make a boring night a little more interesting. Plus, it helps me pay more attention to each and every hand throughout the night.

I would also like to know if anyone has any interesting bets out there.... where are the true gamblers at?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my perennial favorites is the Q72 bet, where one player bets that one of those three cards will show up on the flop, and if all three show up that person gets paid 100-1 on the bet. If sports count, I still like the 100-1 bet on $5 that I got that said Roger Federer could win 3 majors in a row and lose 3 sets or less. If he had swept Nadal in the French, I would have cashed easily haha.

-Hopper

ftp_pirate said...

I love a sucker bet with sports. In the past, I would always put money on NFL longshots. Came soooo close one year of hitting it big one year. A really good sprts bet is NASCAR. You get great odds and usually a really solid price for your money.
I'm going to have to try that Q72.