Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Making some changes....

I've decided to quit playing live poker for the rest of the year except for once or twice a month just to get out of the house and focus on playing online. I hope this time to do the impossible and actually practice bankroll management this time..... To top it all off, I'm only going to start with the $9 I had left in my Full Tilt account and go from there. So far I'm already at $111 and that is after a couple hundred hands of play. The problem that I have always faced playing micro-stakes online and playing live $1/2 regularly & $2/5 on occasion is that I get bored after a while playing nickel dime games online and just like clockwork, after about an hour of play I'm searching for an action game and end up on the wrong side of the river. I really think that if I stick to the deep stack games where I'm at my best and can be very patient, I will be successful. Also, won't play first thing in the morning (which is where the vast majority of my loses have come from for some unexplainable reason) and I will play short sessions taking breaks every hour or so and no more multi-tabling. Three tables max.

Plus I think I really need this challenge right now. I play outside my means and now after some health concerns with my wife, I have my priorities straight again. Its going to be interesting, fun, frustrating and difficult but if I stay focus with the task at hand I should be sitting great by the end of the year and next year should really be a break out year for me but only if I stay focused and keep my emotions under control.

Of course, it would be easier if I just play dumb luck and hit and run on everyone.......

No comments: