Saturday, November 12, 2005

All nighter.... 8:30PM till 9:00AM

What can I say! I know I shouldn't have done it, but it was one ugly night. I kept trying to get the most value from my hands and kept ending up with the second best hand. One hand, as an example, I've got J, Q and the flop comes J, J, Q. I check and he bets, I call. The turn is an A, I check, he bets, I call. The river is a brick. I check, he bets, I call. He turns over A, J.

A little later... Omaha 8. I am the big blind and look down at K, K, Kc, 10c. I laugh and the flop comes K, 9, 3. I make a crazy over-bet to push them out. There are three callers. The turn is a 6 and makes a possible flush draw. I bet about 1/2 the pot and get one caller. The river completes the flush (not clubs, unfortunately) and Rick pushes all in. I lay it down, but I absolutely KNOW that he was bluffing.

The crowd kept thinning out and about 3:00AM, its just me, Rick and Jeff. Both these guys are up big and I am down big. Jeff finally decides to leave and cashes out about $900, plus several hundred that he's loaned out. We shame him into buying back in and he loses $200 and leaves. So around 4, its just me and Rick. I have about $200 in front of me and he has about $1200 in front of him. I slowly build my stack back up to around $500 and the big hand hits. I've got pocket sixes and the floppy comes 6, 4, 2 rainbow. I bet about $25 and he calls. The turn is a brick and I bet about $50 and he goes all in. I look over and I've got about $420 remaining and I make some explicative and I call. He immediately realizes that he made a big mistake. I don't even remember what he had, but he didn't have many outs on the river and I dragged the pot. I know exactly how he felt, as I had been making those plays all night and losing. So now the chips have done a complete exchange. I have about $1200 or so he has less than $100. We continue to play for a couple more hours and he cashes out for $170 and I had made a miraculous comeback!

Till next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a crazy hand, except that it wasn't a rainbow flop. The turn put the third spade out there, and I went all-in representing the flush (a semi-bluff, as I had the As). A poor play as it turned out (remind me to quit after 10 hours...). Of course, no spade on the river. My goal in life is to learn how to suck out a river card as well as Chuckles can... :-)

Charles R said...

It was way too late for me to remember everything exactly as it was.... Sorry. Thanks for the correction!