Monday, November 28, 2005

Now I've got a buy a truck from Jim.....

Well, Sunday night after the $120 buy-in tournament, we're playing the cash game, $1-$2 No Limit and there are 10 players. I look down at 9, 9. There's a $12 raise and about 4 callers including me. The flop is 4, 4, 2. I'm now thankful to the raise for getting out most that would have had a 4. Jim bets $2 and I raise to $20. Jim is a cautious player and announces pre-turn that he'll check the turn. The turn is a 7 and I bet $65. Jim calls and everyone else folds. Jim announces again that he checks the river. The river is (horns blaring) a 9. I bet $75 and he calls. I immediately begin apologizing because I am pretty certain that he has a larger pair and I probably rivered him. And of course, he shows the cowboys. Now I've got to buy my next truck from him.

No comments: