Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It was definitely "Get the Monkey" night for me!

Well, I've seen others run into cards like this, but this is the first time that it has been me. My second hand of the night I look down at pocket 9's. The flop is 9, 10, K. I bet $25 and Jeff raises about $35. I push all in and Jeff calls with K, 10 against my set. I like my position, but he could have had worst cards and it would have been ok with me. The turn is a brick and the river is the case 9! Get the Monkey! And that was just the beginning.

I'm pretty certain that I had quads 4 times and the 2 straight flushes to the K twice. If you can put an "unfortunately" in that sentence, I believe that first hand with Jeff is the only time that I was able to get all my chips in and get called.

One of the straight flushes came on the flop when I had Kc, 10c. The flop was 9c, Jc, Qc which is the way that I would want it so that the Ac could still pull the nut flush. Mike, a new guy to this game and a friend of Jeff's, bet into me on the flop and the turn, but cooled his jets on the river and I made a small bet and he called. The second straight flush came a little later with the identical cards. The flop was 9c, Qc and who gives a crap what the third card was... LOL. At any rate, Mike bets at me about 1/2 the pot. I call and everyone else folds. The turn is a brick and Mike checks. The river is the Jc! Wow! What a card. Mike checks and I bet a small bet that anybody would have to call and sure enough, he did!

By this time, anytime I was in a hand and the board paired, everyone, including me, expected me to have quads!

There was one big pot that I took down again Dave and Jim. We were playing Omaha Hi and I've got As, Ac, 3c, 4c. The flop is Ah, Qc, Jc. I bet $30 and Dave goes all in with about $75 more. Jim calls and I go all in with about $230 more. Jim folds. Dave turns over QQ with a flush re-draw. (Jim had pocket jakes). The turn is another club and Dave is dead to the case Q.

Still did OK for the night, but I am a greedy cuss and I wanted it all! Or as Jim stated at one point last night.... "I'd trade it all for a little bit more!"

No comments: