Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Monday @ PKR.....

I stopped by PKR last night to sit in on a few hands. I arrived around 6:55 and there was almost a full table there waiting for the game to begin. By 7:10, there was a full table and we were well into it. About 7:20 I received a call from the local police department in reference to some troubled teens who had been causing some problems in our neighborhood. Their parents had actually handled it and unfortunately the kids were arrested on some pretty serious charges. So, here I am in the middle of Raleigh NC (where gambling is illegal) in the middle of a poker game talking to a police officer on my mobile. I look down @ 4,4 trying to be witty and pay attention to the nice police officer on the phone. The flop comes and there's a small bet and re-raise before it gets to me. I take a quick glance at the board and realize the flop is 2,4,5! Touchdown! Excuse me officer, but I need to go all-in.... So I casually push my stack to the middle of the table and get one caller. Not a bad way to double up as it turns out.

No comments: