Monday, November 21, 2005

What a flop!

A while back I was playing online in $100 buy-in, No Limit Hold'em game and while in the big blind with 5d, 7d, no one raised, but there are 5 limpers. I made a small raise, just because I could. The flop is 4d, 6d, 8d. You got it, straight flush. I check, a guy bets $10 and everyone calls. The next card is brick and the same guy bets $25 and there are 3 callers including my smooth call. The river is an 8c. The small blind and I check and the guy to my immediate left goes all in with about $130 and 2 others including the small blind go all in on top. Fortunately I was the big stack and had everyone covered. Two of the guys flopped flushes including one with the nut flush and one with the second nut flush, the 8c gave the small blind a full house. It just doesn't get any better than that... for me anyways!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only thing that surprises me is that you didn't hit the one-outer 6d on the river... :-)