Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Revenge! AND one of the most entertaining poker nights in a while!

There were a couple of big stories from last night @ Corey's.... the "funniest" hand of the evening.... The game is No Limit Hold 'em, $2/$4 blinds. I am in the big blind and pick up pocket 5's. There is a pre-flop raise to about $12 and about 4 people call. The flop is K, 6, 5 and I think I'm pretty good but immediately check. Two more checks and Corey bets $58. It folds around to me and I ask ... "what did you do, flop a set?" to which Corey answers, "Yes, these 5s have been hot for me all night!" It was all that I could do not to fall over.... I'm sure you've already done the math, but unless there are five 5's in the deck, he is lying his arse off. Well I play it soft the rest of the way and he backs off his betting. The table had a great laugh over that one. Although he did muck, he shared with us that he had pocket 9's.

You may remember "Rick" from the tournament over the weekend "Two questionable beats" where he busted me out when I put him all in with one card to come and he was on a flush draw and hit it. (By the way, I understand that he went on to win that event). Well, we were playing $2/$4 No Limit Omaha High when I picked up Qc, Qd, 10h, 9h while in the big blind. There is a $4 raise and everyone called. The flop is Qs, 7h, Jd. There's about $30 in the pot so I bet $26. 3 people call me. The turn is Jh so I bet the same $26 and get 2 callers. The river is a lovely little spade and I immediately check. Everyone checks around to Rick and he bets $75. I glance at Dave and he is already fondling his fold cards so I raise another $100 and Rick calls with the second nut flush. Life is good.

There was another CRAZY hand... $2/$4 No Limit Omaha High and somehow almost everyone is all-in. I only had about $70 in front of me so it was pretty easy when it got back to me and there were approximately 7 players in that with ANY cards, I'm playing. I look down at at Jh, Jc, 7d, 5d so I call all-in and away we go. (I've only seen this sort of thing one other time and it was playing on Party Poker with play money!) I don't remember the exact order in which they came, but there were 2 diamonds on the flop and another on the turn and 7 high diamond flush "took 'er down." Its not often that you can multiply your money times seven in one hand!

There were two more hands than involved me and Dave that warrant telling. The first was about an hour or so into the game. I look down at pocket Queens. I'm in early position and Dave raises $15 on top. There are a couple of callers so I push all in and Dave is the only caller. He turns over As, 9s and cracks the ladies when he flops a 9 and turns an A. The other hand was also hold'em and I get Qc, 10c. The flop is 9d, Jd, Kh. I check and Dave bets $25 and I push all in with another $175 or so and he calls and flips over his two diamonds. Guess what, no diamond comes and I take it down.

No comments: