Friday, November 18, 2005

I'd like to apologize to A-K....

For those of you who read some of my early posts, you may remember A-K, my mortal enemy... well, last night they made some huge steps towards making up.

What is the perfect flop for AK? Yep, I've had it happen to me once before, AAA! We were playing $5/$10 Limit Hold'em and I was the button. It was perfect! The pot reached near maximum and I only raised or bet one time. The other guys raised and re-raised me right to victory! What a dream! It could only have been better in no limit with a lot of chips on the table.

Last night was equally as impressive. I am the button and look down at Ah, Ks, 5x, 4x in $1/$2 No Limit Omaha High Only. The flop is ..... Ad, Ah, Kh. Unfortunately for Jon, he had a big piece of it. He bets $40. I smooth call. The turn is a brick. He bets $60 and I call. The river is another brick and he tosses in his last $25 chip and of course, I call and flip over the nuts. He turns over KK. How cruel the poker gods can be!

That is truly a cold deck!

No comments: