Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Cold deck/Cold Heart... Brain Dead!

Why do we call when we know that we're beat? Why put more money in the pot when you absolutely know that your opponent has you beat? I've given it some thought over the past 48 hours because it happened to me a couple of times on Tuesday at my regular weekly $2/$4 No Limit Hold'em/High Omaha game. I flopped bottom set to a guy that raised pre-flop. The flop was A, 6, 2..... at first I thought maybe he had A,K, but when he bet, I read him with AA. He bet $40 and I re-raised all-in. I KNEW he had the AA, but pushed anyway.

Well, it happens. I guess I would rather that happen than what happened to me in a tourney recently. I had KK and eventually pushed all-in pre-flop. There are 3 callers. AK, QQ and JJ. Talk about a cold deck! At any rate, the flop is three bricks and the turn and the river were both queens.

Oh well.... And I'm ok with a cold deck. It's poker. It happens.

No comments: