Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Monday @ PKR.....

I dropped by PKR last evening to play a couple of hours while my wife and son were to be tied up with hockey practice. This is actually turning into a weekly habit for me. There were a couple of significant hands that warrant a post.

The first was basically the same hand from Sunday. The game is $1/$2 No Limit and I was in the big blind and there was a $6 raise. I've got Ac, 10c and call. The flop is 10, 10, 7. I check hoping that someone bets. Everyone checks. The turn is a J. I was really hoping for a card that wouldn't give straight or flush options. The small blind bets $13 and I raise to $45 (approximately the size of the pot). No one calls and the turn is the case 10. Oh, to know when to slow play.

The other hand happened a little later and I was in early position again with pocket nines. There was a $12 raise and there were a couple of callers. The flop was 10, 10, 3. (Yep, the 10's were hot)! I lead out with a $35 bet and only got 1 caller, Nate. The turn was a brick and I checked and Nate checked. The river was another brick and I checked. Nate asked, "How much will you call?" and tossed in $20. I guess I could have taken that as he was hoping that I would meaning that he had the nuts and how much can he bet that I would put in the pot. But, in fact, the way that I interpreted it was how much do I have to bet to get you to go away? Well, $20 wasn't the number. I threw in the $20 and he turned over A, K and I took the pot with 10's and 9's.

There was a huge crowd there last night. I was there before 7 and by 7 we had a full table. Before 8, there were two full tables.

No comments: