Tuesday, December 06, 2005

You know who you are.....

There are a couple of guys who play in games with me on a fairly regular basis who, let's just say, are not on my list of favorite people.... which is probably OK, since I am pretty certain they don't go play poker to spend time with me. I don't necesarily understand their disdain for me, but I can't see how they live with themselves. LOL. At any rate, we all probably have one or two of these guys and everytime they're in a pot, it makes you want to play the hand even more and so you spend an extra second or two trying to make the 7-2os look powerful enough to come back over the top! You know, you'd rather bad beat these guys out of $2 than win a $100 pot from anyone else. I don't really know how they go about getting to the top of this ever-so-popular list, but they have found their way to the top!

Last night at PKR I was fortunate enough to have them both at the same table. A veritable dream come true only to be cut short by family obligations. I love earning pots against these guys. Just before I left I entered a hand against the weaker of the two players with 9-4os playing $1/$2 No Limit when he raised to $12 pre-flop. There was one other caller and flop came 10, 9, 3 with two diamonds. He bet $16 on the flop and everyone folded to me. The turn was an Ah and he bet $23, I called. The river was a 7d and he bet $23 and I raised $75 more. He folded. My night complete... I cashed out and went to meet my lovely wife and son for dinner! Life is grand!

2 comments:

Surgesilk said...

Damn...glad I wasn't at your table or I'd think you were talking about me! Never heard you so pissed...

Anonymous said...

I naturally assume that you're talking about me, but for the life of me I can't remember being at PKR last night. If I were, however, I'd have re-raised you $200 with my busted straight draw...
Rick :-)