Saturday, December 10, 2005

PKR - $50/$5 with Re-buys

I finished 2nd in the tourney today and we chopped rather than play heads up. The hand of the day for me came while we were still in the re-buy period. I had already been drawn out on twice and re-bought for $20/$5 both times. I'm in the small blind when the blinds are $50/$100 and Randy in position 4 raises $250 on top and Brian in position 6 calls. I am getting pretty tired of getting pushed around so I call with Qc, Js and the flop comes 9h, 10c, Qh. I hit the top pair with an open ended straight draw so I immediately push all-in with about $5,000 in chips. Randy is covered and he calls and Brian is covered and he calls too. Care to guess what they have? I went from excited to depressed in a matter of seconds. I thought that I had the best hand and was trying to push out the flush draws. Randy turns over 10d, 10s and Brian turns over Qd, Qs. Neither had hearts but both flopped sets! It is amazing how many times the cards reward the agressive player and the turn straighted all that out when the Kh hits giving me the straight and the river doesn't pair the board so I triple up and go on to finish 2nd in the tournament to a rather flustered Jason.

He played a great tournament and was the short stack with 5-6 players at the table for about an hour. He must have gone all in 10 times or more. He did double up on Quinlan when Jason's big slick off suit spiked a King against Quinlan's QQ. Quinlan wasn't happy.

There was one other monster hand that Jason got just about as lucky as one person can get.... he calls Randy's all in. Randy has AQos and Jason has A3os. The flop is Q, 3, 5. The turn is a 7 and the river is the two outer.... 3.

So I guess we'll go give the $120 a shot on Sunday!

No comments: