Thursday, December 08, 2005

The power of 7h, 2h

Have you ever been looking at cards and just KNOW that they are going to hit. You don't know exactly how, but you just KNOW it. Well, I've seen it happen quite a few times, but two of them really stand out.

Once was a couple months back at Corey's game. Bryce folded pocket deuces to a big bet and he showed them me before he mucked them. I immediately looked at him and said, "you know they're going to hit like a banchee, right?" Well, the flop.... the other two deuces. LOL.

This past week at Corey's, I'm near the button is $2/$4 No Limit and have a look at 7h, 2h. There's about a $12 raise and I show them to Rick and tell him, I know they're going to hit. But I do the right thing and muck them. You guessed it, the flop was 7c, 7d, 7s. The raiser immediately pushed all in.

Food doesn't even taste the same anymore.

1 comment:

Surgesilk said...

Thanks...that was my pot! Hey I had a pocket pair!