Monday, December 05, 2005

WSOP - My Biggest Error!

Yep. I can point right at it. Thursday night at the cash game in the poker room. It's not mis-playing a hand or bluffing at the wrong pot, it's leaving the table. I'm probably up about $400 and most of that had come within the last 20 minutes. I need to make a phone call and get up and instead of leaving my chips on the table, decide to take them with me and go back to the room for a moment. Definitely my biggest mistake of the week!

When I get up, Jeff B, moves from his seat to the one that I am vacating and when I returned about an hour or so later.... he was up about $1500! He definitely was a card rack and playing well along with it. And he even got a bigger payout when I returned. He had pocket JJ in late position and the flop was a JJ7. There was a guy to his immediate left betting into him with pocket 99. The turn was a 9 and that only increased the guys betting ferver. Jeff smooth called him both times. When the river brick hits, the guy makes a bet and Jeff pushes all in and the guy calls with about $500 or so in front of him. What a dream come true!

So.... Jeff says "Get the monkey!"

No comments: